Last updated February 1, 2019
Subject to legal, regulatory and/or contractual requirements, you may refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by giving us reasonable notice. To refuse or withdraw your consent, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org setting forth the particulars of the request and the Personal Information to which it relates. Refusal or withdrawal of your consent may affect our ability to provide you with particular products and/or services, and your ability to continue accessing the Site.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CARDISAN collects Personal Information from you in the following circumstances:
• When you browse the Site
• When you register for an Account
• When you access your Account through the Site
• When you add card recipients and preferences to your Account
• When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site
• When you open or click through a notification email from us
• When you communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise
• When you complete a questionnaire or survey
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When Personal Information is collected from you, it may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
• To communicate with you regarding the Services and the products available on the Site
• To process and ship orders made through the Site
• To process payments (using our third party payment processor, Stripe)
• To maintain your Account and preferences
• To respond to requests that you make by email, phone or other means of communication
• To remember your interests and preferences and customize products curate for you
• To send reminder notifications relating to your recipients and events associated with your Account
• To request feedback from you with respect to your use of the Services and/or suggestions relating to improving the Services
• To provide you with information about CARDISAN and other organizations
• To notify you of any special offers and/or promotions
• To establish and/or verify your identity
• To provide you with password-protected access to the Site
• To provide technical support with respect to your use of the Site
• To protect against error and fraud
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
From time to time, we employ other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf related to the Site, but we do not sell any Personal Information to third parties. These third party service providers help us to host the Site, fulfil orders, deliver products, send mail and e-mail, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, conduct marketing, process credit card payments and provide customer service. Such third party service providers may have access to your Personal Information in connection with their performance of services related to the Site but may not use it for other purposes.
The Site is hosted with Woo-Commerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Woo-Commerce will store your data on a secure server behind a firewall and will use the information we collect as part of the payment processing practice.
You acknowledge and agree that, in the event that a CARDISAN service provider is located in the United States, your Personal Information may be processed and stored in the United States and that United States governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your Personal Information through the laws of the United States. You acknowledge and agree that the preceding statement constitutes prior written notice to you of, and your consent to, the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described above. If you object to your Personal Information being transferred or used as described above, you should discontinue your use of the Site and/or not provide us with your Personal Information.
We may transfer your Personal Information to a third party in connection with a sale, merger, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of our business.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be retained by us for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
REMOVING OR AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CARDISAN allows you to change, correct or remove your Personal Information at any time. If, at any time, you wish to have your Personal Information removed from our database, opt out of receiving any particular communication and/or change and/or correct any information which you have previously provided to us, please contact us and we will make the necessary notation, removal, change and/or correction. Our contact particulars are set out below.
We may collect system information from all users of the Site. Your system information, including but not limited to IP address, browser version and resolution will allow us to enhance the functionality that is provided to you through the Site.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
We have security measures in place in order to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under our control. We take reasonable precautions to attempt to ensure that data stored in our system is secure. Please be advised, however, that the Internet and other various networking communication media are not entirely secure, unless explicitly specified as such, and your Personal Information may therefore be subject to interception or loss which is beyond our control.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This Site is not intended for children. We will not knowingly collect information from or about children. We believe that children should get their parents’ consent before giving out personal information.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
We adhere to the following ten principles in the protection of your Personal Information:
2. Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information: We will identify the purposes for which your Personal Information is collected at or before the time at which your Personal Information is collected.
3. Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information: We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that you understand how your Personal Information is used and disclosed by us. We will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent, except as permitted or required by law.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information: We will limit the amount and type of Personal Information we collect from you. We will only collect information from you as necessary for the purposes that we have identified. We will collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: We will only use or disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless you give us your consent to use or disclose it for another purpose. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, we may be permitted or required by law to disclose or use your information without your consent.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information: We will strive to keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary. If you identify any errors in your information, please contact us and we will correct the errors.
7. Security Safeguards: We will protect your Personal Information using safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information.
8. Openness Relating to Our Policies and Practices: We are open about the policies and practices employed to manage your Personal Information, and will provide you with information about these policies and practices in a manner that is easy to understand.
9. Access to Personal Information: Upon request, we will advise you what Personal Information we have about you, what we are using it for, and to whom it has been disclosed or transferred for processing.